Faculty of Social and Political Sciences Universitas Muhammadiyah Makassar in collaboration with Indonesian Governmental Science Association (IGSA), Tohoku University Japan, Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin Malaysia, Political Sciences Association of Kasetsart University Thailand, Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia, and Asia Pacific Society for Public Affairs (APSPA) organize the International Conference on Environmental Governance (ICONEG 2018) under the topic of “Intersecting Law, Religion, and Politics for Sustainable Development”. This conference aims to provide a platform for scholars, researchers and practioners to share their insight, ideas and experiences.
In this era, the heavy burden of civilization is a narrative about relations between human and nature especially in environmental problems. Cross cutting issues such as environmental policy, disaster risk reduction, sustainable development, and global food crisis, have emerged and need to be responded quickly. In order to benefit from the opportunities and to manage the threats, understanding and cooperation among actors whether on international, national or local level are required to deal with those cross cutting issues.
Therefore, we invite scholars, researchers and practioners to participate in the conference and contibute their ideas and recommendation in dealing with recent issues. We are looking forward to welcoming you in Makassar on October 25-27th, 2018!
Aim and Scope
The conference invites contributions on the following topics:
Under the topic of “Intersecting of Law, Religion and Politics for Sustainable Development”, potential themes to be discussed include, but are not limited to:
- Environmental Law and Politics
- Sustainable Future for Human Security
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Climate Change and Adaptive Capacity
- Islamic Environmental Thought
- Socio-Environmental Conflicts
- Global Environmental Change
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Ocean Policy and Governance
- Rural Development and Planning
- Forest Governance and Conservation
- Water and Soil Conservation
- Biodiversity and Transgenic organisms
- Food and Sovereignty
- Bussiness and CSR
- Urban Vulnerability and Resilience
Venue and Activities
Swiss-Belinn Panakkukang Makassar
Jl. Boulevard No.55, Pandang, Panakkukang, Makassar City, South Sulawesi, Indonesia 90222
Telp: (0411) 430430
Fax: (0411) 430430
FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SUBMITTED FULL PAPER, PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATION.
|Abstract Submission||5 May 2018 (Closed)|
|Full Paper Submission||17 August 2018 (Closed)|
|Acceptance Notification||17 September 2018|
|Registration and Payment||25 September 2018|
|Conference Date||25-27 October 2018|
- Prof. Dr. Alyas MS, Universitas Muhammadiyah Makassar, Indonesia
- Dr. Ihyani Malik, S.Sos., M.Si, Universitas Muhammadiyah Makassar, Indonesia
- Dr. Burhanuddin, M.Si, Universitas Muhammadiyah Makassar, Indonesia
- Dr. Samsir Rahim, S.Sos., M.Si, Universitas Muhammadiyah Makassar, Indonesia
- Dr. Abubakar Idhan, MP, Universitas Muhammadiyah Makassar, Indonesia
- Dr. Fatmawati, M.Si, Universitas Muhammadiyah Makassar, Indonesia
- Amin, S.Ag., M.Pdi, Universitas Muhammadiyah Makassar, Indonesia
- Prof. Dr. Irwan Akib, M.Pd, Universitas Muhammadiyah Makassar, Indonesia
- Prof. Dr. Achmad Nurmandi, M.Sc, Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- Prof. Dr. Onder KUTLU, Necmettin Erbakan Universitesi, Turkey
- Prof. Dr. Mohd. Ekhwan Toriman, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malaysia
- Prof. Dr. Göran Collste, Linkoping University, Sweden
- Prof. Dr. Kamaludeen Mohamed Nasir, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Prof. Rob Roggema, Ph.D, University of Technology Sydney, Australia
- Prof. Dr. Keiko Sakurai, Waseda University, Japan
- Prof. Dr. Rafael Gustavo Miranda Delgado, Universidad de los Andes, Venezuela
- Prof. Dr. Badlihisham Mohd Nasir, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia
- Prof. Dr. Eng. Dinil Pushpalal, Tohoku University, Japan
- Prof. Dr. Cholichul Hadi, Universitas Airlangga, Indonesia
- Prof. Madya. Dr. Mohd Affandi Salleh, Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin, Malaysia
- Assoc. Prof. Ismail Suardi Wekke, Ph.D, STAIN Sorong, Indonesia
- Erwin Akib, Ph.D, Universitas Muhammadiyah Makassar, Indonesia
- Evan Doran, Ph.D, University of Newcastle, Australia
- Kittisak Jermsittiparsert,Ph.D, Rangsit University, Thailand
- Aurathai Phongchiewboon, Ph.D, Political Science Association of Kasetsart University
- Dr. Abd. Rahim Nanda, MT, Universitas Muhammadiyah Makassar, Indonesia
- Dr. Farida Tadjine, University of Kasdi Merbah Ouargla, Algeria
Organizing Committee :
- The Chairman of ICONEG 2018 :
Andi Luhur Prianto, S.IP., M.Si
- The Vice Chairman of ICONEG 2018:
Nasrul Haq, S.Sos., MPA
- Secretary :
Ahmad Harakan, S.IP., M.H.I
Call Papers Deadline
All manuscripts must include an abstract containing a maximum of 150 words. Each full paper is limited to 10 pages normally, and additional pages will be charged. Full Paper must be written in English.
Manuscripts must be submitted electronically as an attachment using MS Word, and following the full paper template format. The template format of full paper submission can be Download Here .
Please submit your FULL PAPER to Email : firstname.lastname@example.org before 17 August 2018 (Closed).
Proceeding Paper will be published in IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science and Selected papers will be invited to be revised/modified and extended for the post-conference publication in the one of the following journals : International Journal of Sustainable Society (ISSN Print: 1756-2538/ISSN Online: 1756-2546, SCOPUS indexed), Smart and Sustainable Built Environment (ISSN: 2046-6099, SCOPUS indexed), and Pertanika Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities (ISSN Print: 0128-7702/ISSN Online: 2231-8534, Scopus indexed).
Registration Fee and Payment
|Category||Local Participants||International Participants|
|Presenter||Non Presenter||Presenter||Non Presenter|
|Regular||IDR 2.000.000*||IDR 1.000.000||USD 200*||USD 100|
|Student||IDR 1.750.000*||IDR 700.000||USD 175*||USD 70|
*Include Publication on Conference Publication List.
**the fee for students as mentioned above are only eligible for undergraduate students.
Please do bank transfer for the registration fee to:
- Name : Andi Luhur Prianto SIP MSI
- Account Number : 1-115-01170-9
- Bank : May Bank BII
- Swift code : iBBkiDJA
See here for more information about hotels in Makassar, Indonesia.
Official Information about Indonesia Visa can be found here.
Andi Luhur Prianto : +62 8114123287
Email : email@example.com
Website : https://www.gov-unismuh.ac.id/iconeg-2018